monitoring Fast appointments to 24h Holter Heart in Israel
What is a 24 hour ECG – Holter monitoring?
24-hour ECG – Holter monitoring is continuous electrocardiogram (ECG) made during your usual daily activities. It is a simple painless procedure. Electrodes placed on the chest transmit signals from your heart to the recorder.
Then, the recorded data will be analyzed by your doctor. And while the common ECG records only 0.25% of the heart rate, ECG Holter record all activities of the heart. If the patient has certain symptoms at the same time the changes will be registered on the ECG.
Why and who needs a 24 hour Holter ECG monitoring?
Sometimes you may experience palpitations also known as strong heart beats, chest pain, dizziness, shortness of breath or other symptoms. The device can help with the diagnosis of many conditions affecting the heart and/or the lungs.
Some symptoms may not take place during your routine heart examination, so your doctor may ask for you to be monitored over the next 24 hour period.
The 24 hour Holter ECG monitor will record electrical signals from your heart over the next 24 hours. You don’t need to stay in hospital during the 24 hour Holter ECG monitoring.
Things you need to know while using the Holter monitoring
- Feel free to carry out the activities that are allowed: any kind of movement, work, climbing stairs, eating, sleeping and so on.
- Please note if you have chest pain, breathlessness, palpitations, dizziness, shortness of breath, nausea, fear, strong hear beats etc.
- Register the symptoms when they occur, by pressing a button, which you will receive detailed instructions.
- Do not pull the electrodes from the skin.
- Do not play with the recorder.
- Keep the electrodes and monitor dry (Do not take a shower or go for a swim).